I doubt I will be able to think of 8 random facts about myself that are entertaining to the readers of this blog, but I can’t let my friend Katie down, so I will give it a go!
1) I HATE, mean HATE getting up in the mornings. I am a bad wife in the AM. I am a bad mom in the AM. And I am probably a bad friend then too if someone asked. My dear husband lets me sleep in beyond when our 3 year old wakes, but I know it’s because he doesn’t want to deal with my sucky attitude rather than being a loving gesture!
2) I am addicted to coffee, but only good coffee. I refuse to drink a cup of Folgers or Maxwell House. It has to be ground bean, good coffee. Also, the cup it is in matters to me.
3) I have a few OCD tendencies. I cannot have towels and pictures crooked, must straighten them. In my house, and others. I also count things. Don’t ask. I can tell you how many doors and windows we have in our house, how many ceiling tiles are on the ceiling in my office at work, and many random other things.
4) I love Jazz music. There is no station that remotely resembles the music I like. It just mellows me and is like a mini-vacation. I like cleaning my mom’s house because they have on-demand music and I listen to it while scrubbing the toilets.
5) One day when I grow up, I don’t know what I want to be. I love teaching preschool children. I also love being around other people. I hate 9-5, but loved working for an interior decorator in college. I have a flair for artsy, and don’t like structured. I want to further my education because I love to learn and would like to go as far as I can, but still am not sure what exactly I want to do. Cooking though. I love cooking. I could see myself with a Food TV show.
6) I am a psuedo-crunchy mom, more than most people think. I never thought I’d be this way and don’t even know how I did it. I wanted to cloth diaper my kids (husband wouldn’t let me), I delay vaccinate, try not to medicate, make my own bread, use organics, cook most everything from scratch, extended BF with my first son, had drug-free birth, would like to homeschool (but know I can’t), we gentle discipline, and make some homemade cleaners. I also like to try homeopathic remedies. There. It’s out. I hug trees. (Thanks Laura!)
7) Having pink hair last week was liberating. I felt a sense of freedom in doing something so out of the ordinary for me. I tend to stay “safe” and actually enjoyed it. Then again I like being the center of attention (in a good way). So, it got that attention. Maybe blue hair next? A tattoo? Who knows?
8 ) I adore my children, but need to daily pray for the fruit of the Spirit to be a halfway decent mom. There’s only so many “WHY?” questions one can take, screaming frustrated toddler moments, and thrown and refused food before you start to lose it. God gives me what I need to make it through the day, but why does it seem like He never gives any extra?
Well, that’s it! Hopefully I didn’t bore my readers too badly. Really.
Read Full Post »